Wednesday 14 July 2010

Foot update.....

Well today my cast came off, didn't look as bad as I thought underneath, obviously not that beautiful, but think it could've been worse. I'm now in a well cool, almost robotic, boot. I also got some photos of my before and after x-rays. Here they are!


Can't see much, but the joints should be clean and have an even space between them, which this doesn't.

Now here it is with all the metalwork in, three joints pinned together (thus the surgery being called a Triple Arthrodesis). Slowly but surely, the joints are being fused together to get rid of the pain.

2 comments:

  1. E-Yikes! Just thinking about surgery like that is bad enough. How are the rest of your plans coming, on becoming the British version of Colonel Steve Austin - the six million dollar man? Will you eventually be faster, stronger, more nimble?
    How long before that nasty looking hardware comes out? Are you still being treated by nurse Florence NightenHeather?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might get my eyes done next, get super hawk like vision, sound good?!

    I believe all the hardware is there to stay, will be a part of me forever. Can't imagine them unscrewing the ones in my heel! Ewwwwwww!

    ReplyDelete