Thursday 11 April 2013

First wedding of the year

Heather and I photographed our first wedding of the year over Easter, and what a wedding it was! The wedding was at Trinity Church in Bungay, and the evening reception at Waveney House Hotel in Beccles.

It was for Dave and Becky, I've known Becky and her family since day dot, so it was an absolute pleasure and honour to be asked to photograph it for them. We had all sorts of weather, which is obviously expected for this time of year (isn't it?!) and also meant that it could be perceived that these were taken on different days. A large contrast from snow to sunshine, above all though, it was a touch cold!

We were guests too, and the whole wedding felt very close and personal (my brother was also the DJ, rolling back the years!), we had an absolute fantastic day. We photographed a wedding just before Christmas where we had a dancing Nun, I didn't think we would be able to top that until the groom's family came out with their trousers rolled up and tea towels on their head and danced to Walk Like An Egyptian (a family tradition, can only imagine what Christmas is like!), and to top it off, my brother in law was wheeled round the dance floor by the bride's brother...... we don't get out much in Suffolk.....

I also had a good chance to use the 6d, along with a 60d which I synced up together to do something different for their first dance. Here are a few shots that Heather and I captured for the day.


1 comment:

  1. Well, it seems we both had Eastertime weddings and from slightly different perpectives. You had to have your camera out and I purposely kept mine zipped away. Looks like a good time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete