Monday 21 January 2013

Walking in the Snow

For the past year, me and my brother in law have been doing some pub crawling walks across Norfolk and Suffolk. We've done 7 in all so far, and the aim is to visit 5 pubs on a Saturday afternoon, trekking across footpaths. James is very much in to his writing, and obviously I like to take the odd picture or two, so it's been a good adventure for us both, as we've been documenting it through our own favourite ways. There's talk of turning this into a book, but for now, the aim is to complete 12 before the end of the this year. We set out this weekend around Eaton, Little Melton and Hethersett. My brother lives in that area, so he tagged along too. I also purchased the new Canon 6d, so was a good chance to test it out. It feels very similar to the Canon 60d I use for work, but does perform better, and the performance in low light was very noticeable. Here are a few photos from last weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there and a belated HNY to you.
    hmmm 6D eh?
    Was thinking I might swap my now (very) old 5D body in for a 6D which I would then use as my second body. Why? For excatly the reason you pointed out- good performance in low light.
    Let me know how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year to you too!

    I've been using it for nearly two weeks now. Compared to my old 500d and the 60d I use for work, the lack of noise in high iso's is amazing. I've been shooting up to 12800, and the photos are still usuable. I spent a long while debating what to get, and I still have lots of things to learn about it, but do think it will serve me well.

    ReplyDelete