Friday 17 May 2013

3 Peaks

This weekend, I'll be facing the 24 hr 3 peaks challenge, starting at Ben Nevis at high noon tomorrow (Saturday 18th May) and hopefully being at the foot of Snowdon the following day. Someone at my work, James, is climbing Kilimanjaro in the summer, so as preparation, is doing the 3 peaks challenge. He is raising money for the charity Tommy's here. Me and my brother are joining him for what will be a return to the 3 peaks, 10 years since we last did the challenge. We did that in 36 hours, which then followed with a 75 mile paddle along the River Spey. I'm not sure I'm in as good a shape as I was back then, but very much looking forward to the challenge.

I think what also enticed me, was the chance to go back to those peaks and get some nice shots... here's hoping it's not too misty.

I will post some photos from the trip upon my return, but for now, here's what I will hopefully be looking at over the weekend. This is from 2009 when me and Heather climbed Scafell Pike during a trip to the Lake District.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment