Sunday 22 September 2013

Sally and James' Wedding

Sadly, this was our last wedding of the year, but what a way to finish off the year! Sally is good friends with Heather, and also a work colleague. We've been lucky enough to get to know the couple well over the last few years, so when I was asked to photograph their wedding, and Heather was asked to not only make the cake, but to be a bridesmaid, we knew this was going to be special.

A beautiful setting, with the church in the very picturesque town of Bruton, Somerset, and the reception held at Holbrook House, I did have a feeling this may be a very enjoyable wedding to photograph. We stayed in the area over the weekend, so had the chance to do a bit of a recce while we were there.

As always, below are a few teasers from the day, I will share more on here and my website later on. I particularly enjoyed playing around with my flash triggers while we shot some photographs in the evening, think I achieved some nice effects. I can't finish this without mentioning the trip to the dovecot after the ceremony, and trying to keep out the way of the cows!












2 comments:

  1. Hey, these are great- you're getting a bit good at this wedding lark now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very kind of you to say so, thanks very much! This was a lot of fun to photograph!

      Delete